Recap: The 2016 Advent Calendar CollagesDecember 27, 2016
Love and The 50 Card ProjectFebruary 27, 2017
I made a card of FDR’s Four Freedoms on Inauguration Day. By the end of the three-color limited edition of 100 cards I decided that I needed to make a card every week for this entire year. These cards respond to what is happening in our country at the moment and how I can frame the situation to keep me and others energized. They also serve as a reminder about what is important and at stake in our country. And I want to share them with you!
This project is now LIVE on Kickstarter! It’s a short campaign. Closing on March 7th!
As part of my action, I will be sending a card to
- President Trump
- Vice President Pence
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions
- Secretary of State Rex Tillerson
- Secretary of Treasury Steve Mnuchin
- Secretary of Defense James Mattis
- Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos
- Secretary of Health Tom Price
- Speaker of the House Paul Ryan
- Minority Senate leader Chuck Schumer
- Majority Senate leader Mitch McConnell
- House of Representatives Minority leader Nancy Pelosi
- House of Representatives Majority leader Kevin McCarthy
- Administrator of the EPA Scott Pruitt
- MA Senator Elizabeth Warren (one of my senators!)
These cards are about being positive, yet at the same time a little subversive.
You can have me send the cards to you, or someone of your choosing. This Kickstarter is going live well after the start of the project. No worries, I will send out the first few cards as soon as the campaign is successfully funded, and then every week thereafter for the rest of the year for those of you choosing to receive all 50 cards. I’ve already started sending the cards to Washington.
QUICK SUMMARY: Each week I am printing a new card in a limited edition of 100, using vintage letterpress type, cuts and other printing matrixes–sending some to key players in Washington, DC. That’s a total of 50 different cards or 5000 individual cards. That’s a lot of postage!